Abilene Tennis Association Needs You! Please Volunteer!
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete a short Volunteer Form to inquire about volunteering. We welcome any inquiries, so we hope to hear from you soon!
Program Volunteer – Our Program Volunteers are integral to providing tennis programming to a growing community of children, adults, military veterans and those with special needs. Volunteers are often needed to help run drills, instruct participants on proper tennis technique and offer encouragement.
Committee Volunteer – The ATA has a number of committees needing your input and participation. Our committees are working committees and need people who are willing to roll up their sleeves and provide necessary assistance in those respective areas. It is not necessary to be on the ATA Board to participate in a committee:
- Junior Tennis – We need adults to assist as a coach for individual Junior Tennis Teams, as well as help with clinics and junior tournaments. Come help the players with rules of the game, keeping score and court etiquette. If you are a parent of a player, we encourage you to coach your child’s Junior Tennis Team.
- Adult Tennis – Help us with adult tournaments and clinics.
- Mixed 18 & Over Sectionals (October 2018) – this great event will bring over 400+ participants from all over Texas. Volunteers are needed!
- Fundraising – help us raise money for our tennis activities.
- Annual Junior Tennis Banquet (May 2018) – help us pull together this fun annual recognition dinner for our area tennis players
- TX Slam Tournament (June 2018) – we are hosting this big event in June. Our volunteers help us ensure that the event runs smoothly.
- Community Tennis Development & Marketing – help get the word out how great Abilene tennis is!
- Financial and Operations (or Administration) Committee
- Officials & Referees Committee
ATA hosts a number of events throughout the year. Whether you are a committee member or not, we need volunteers to help us with our events by assisting with a variety of items such as food service at a player party or tournament, handing out prizes or t-shirts at a tennis event, or helping at our annual tennis banquet.