Come out and play adult tennis! Abilene has tennis opportunities for everyone...whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, whether you want to play in a USTA league or a local league, whether you are interested in playing singles or mixed doubles, or whether you want to just come out and have a fun night at an adult mixer. Check out the many ways to get active!
Lone Star (ladies beginner group) - come out and learn to play tennis and/or improve your new tennis skills. Drills are Wednesday at 5:30 pm at the Wylie Junior High courts (free). There are also drills (weather permitting), on Saturdays from 9-10:30 am at Wylie High School (Saturday drills cost $15). Contact email@example.com if you are interested in learning more about this group. Lone Star tournament is August 10-12 in Richardson and Ladies 2.5 Team tournament is August 3-5 in Dallas.
Adult Leagues - Registration is now Open for 2018 Leagues
USTA Adult Leagues for 2018 are now forming. For specific information about leagues, format, minimum number of teams and players, etc., click here. There is a $26 fee for each league in which you participate.
To register for a USTA League:
Click here for the 2018 TX Sectional Schedule
Love to Play in an Adult Tournament?
Tennis - The Sport for a Lifetime
- Healthier: People who play tennis regularly cut their risk of death by any cause in half.
- Less Stress: Playing tennis can increase brain concentrations of norepinephrine, which reduces stress.
- Happier: Tennis players are more optimistic and cheerful than non-athletes.
- Stronger: Tennis can help improve agility, strength, and overall fitness.
- Smarter: Tennis can increase brain activity and improve memory.
- More Confident: Playing tennis regularly can increase confidence and self-esteem.