Come out and play adult tennis! Abilene has tennis opportunities for everyone...whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, whether you want to play in a USTA league or a local league, whether you are interested in playing singles or mixed doubles, or whether you want to just come out and have a fun night at an adult mixer. Check out the many ways to get active!
Are you ready for 2020 Adult Leagues?
Here is the 2020 USTA Adult Leagues Schedule. For specific information about leagues, format, minimum number of teams and players, etc., click here. There is a fee for each league in which you participate.
To register for a USTA League:
- If you already know your Team Number and you have your USTA membership number, registration is a 2-step process. Step 1 - enter your information on the Abilene Tennis Association registration form by clicking here. After you complete the form, you will be redirected to the USTA's website to complete Step 2 of the registration process including payment.
- If you want to play but are not already on a team, email Melinda Roberson at email@example.com or (325) 669-3340. She will connect you with a team at your ability level. To better understand your ability level, familiarize yourself with the National Tennis Rating Program (NTRP). The description of each skill level will help you best determine your own rating. Once she provides you with the Team Number, complete the 2-step process as described above.
Click here for the 2020 USTA League Sectional Schedule.
Interested in Playing in a Tournament?
Check out the USTA Tournament Guide for tournaments in Texas.
- February 22 UTR (Doubles only)
- March 7-8 Challenger
- March 14 1 Day Challenger (Rose Park sponsor)
- April 4 UTR (Singles)
- TBD - April 25 Doubles (hosted by Abilene HS)
- May 2-3 Challenger (San Angelo Challenger is May 9-10)
- May 9 UTR Doubles (hosted by Cooper HS)
- June 27 UTR (Doubles only) with Adventure Cove
- July 25 UTR (Singles only)
- September 5 Challenger
- September 19-20 Champ Major Zone (CMZ) - 800045420
- October 31 UTR (Doubles only)
- November 14-16 Super Champ Lv4 (SCMZ 16_18) - 800037320
- December 12-13 Champ Major Zone (CMZ 12-18s) - 800037520
Tennis - The Sport for a Lifetime
- Healthier: People who play tennis regularly cut their risk of death by any cause in half.
- Less Stress: Playing tennis can increase brain concentrations of norepinephrine, which reduces stress.
- Happier: Tennis players are more optimistic and cheerful than non-athletes.
- Stronger: Tennis can help improve agility, strength, and overall fitness.
- Smarter: Tennis can increase brain activity and improve memory.
- More Confident: Playing tennis regularly can increase confidence and self-esteem.