Come out and play adult tennis! Abilene has tennis opportunities for everyone...whether you are a beginner or an advanced player, whether you want to play in a USTA league or a local league, whether you are interested in playing singles or mixed doubles, or whether you want to just come out and have a fun night at an adult mixer. Check out the many ways to get active!
Are you ready for 2019 Adult Leagues?
Here is the 2019 USTA Adult Leagues Schedule. For specific information about leagues, format, minimum number of teams and players, etc., click here. There is a $26 fee for each league in which you participate.
To register for a USTA League:
Click here for the 2019 USTA League Sectional Schedule.
Interested in Playing in a Tournament?
- February 9 UTR (Singles only) held at Rose Park Tennis Center.
- April 27 UTR (Doubles only)
- June 29-30 ATA Junior and Adult Open - #800041419
- July 27th UTR with Adventure Cove (Singles only)
- August 17 UTR (Doubles only)
- September 28 UTR (Singles only)
- October 19 UTR (Doubles only)
- November 30-December 1 ATA Junior and Adult Open (Jr, Ad) - #800041719
Tennis - The Sport for a Lifetime
- Healthier: People who play tennis regularly cut their risk of death by any cause in half.
- Less Stress: Playing tennis can increase brain concentrations of norepinephrine, which reduces stress.
- Happier: Tennis players are more optimistic and cheerful than non-athletes.
- Stronger: Tennis can help improve agility, strength, and overall fitness.
- Smarter: Tennis can increase brain activity and improve memory.
- More Confident: Playing tennis regularly can increase confidence and self-esteem.